A Complete Guide to Custom Koozies® & Beverage Holders
No one enjoys drinking warm their beer warm or hard seltzer hot, right? Yes, no one! The necessity of keeping beverages cool and refreshing in their original vessel is what drove the invention of the Koozie®. A Koozie ® is basically a blanket that retains the original temperature of your cold beverage by minimizing warming up to 50% or more from exposure to warm air or sunlight. These beverage holders come in a wide variety of materials – from solid foam to neoprene to stainless steel vacuum insulated. So, there is a pick for every budget.
However, when it comes to customizing Koozies® there is more than meets the eye. So, if you want to get your hands on a stellar custom Koozies® that is carefully crafted to flaunt your brand around the world, read on!
What is the history of Logo Koozies®?
The name “Koozie” was originally coined by Bob Autrey of San Antonio, TX, and later sold to Radio Cap Corporation (RCC) in the early 1980s. Before that time, RCC was renowned for their know-how on baseball caps, and in 1982, they officially introduced KOOZIE as a can cooler.
With time, promotional products started to steal the show in the advertising industry, and the KOOZIE brand was expanded to the point that different styles of drinkware, can coolers, cooler bags, travel accessories, leisure items, and of course business accessories came into the spotlight.
Although their primary use is highlighted as a beverage insulator, custom designs and logos printed on them are certainly hard to miss. As a result, many companies consider printed Koozies® as the perfect and cost-effective advertising medium for their brand promotions and even a fun staff gift at company picnics and other events.
How can I customize my Logo Koozies®?
Digital printing refers to directly printing a digital-based image onto a variety of media. This process uses 4 colors including cyan, magenta, yellow and black to merge and overlap inks to create colorful images.
Laser engraving can be used to engrave materials such as wood, metal, plastic, stone, glass, etc. What's more, laser engraving has proven to be one of the best methods to create jewelry with great precision. Laser engraving doesn't depend on ink, and as a result, the final engraving lasts longer on the Koozies® without wearing out which gives this method an extra edge over other conventional printing methods.
Screen or Pad Printing
Screen printing retains its popularity due to the highly colorful prints that it produces using a mesh, squeegee, and a blocking stencil. Once the stencil that has the negative of your design is properly placed, the ink is rolled over the mesh and the final design is transferred to your custom Koozies®.
Unlike screen printing, pad printing uses clichés or print plates to transfer a 2D image onto a 3D object. The cliché is etched with your preferred artwork which is filled with ink. Then the pad is able to pick up the ink and produce the end design.
What materials are best for Logo Koozies®?
Foam: By far the most common material is foam rubber which is created with a foaming agent to give it an airy matrix structure. These are well known for their endurance and flexibility.
Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is a non-corrosive and heat-resistant material that is perfect for personalized Koozies®.
Which insulation types are best for Koozies®?
Closed Cell Foam – The original foam insulated Koozies® have cushiony surfaces that keep your hands warm, and your drinks cold. This makes this material regain its original state quickly after being compressed. These are firm and not collapsible, however.
Open Cell Foam - Due to more than half of its cells being open, the open-cell foam is smooth and breathable with unrestricted airflow. It is also thinner and easier to insert the beverage into than regular foam. These are commonly made in a collapsible shape.
Neoprene - Neoprene is another type of foam rubber and can withstand any fluctuation of the temperature and holds on to its flexibility making it the ideal material for printed Koozies®, laptop sleeves, orthopedic braces, etc. It is considered a step up from foam and can maintain its flexibility and stability under a wide range of temperatures.
Vacuum Insulated - Vacuum insulation helps keep the liquids hot up to 5 hours and cold up to 24 hours.
What top styles are there for Custom Koozies®?
- Can - This style is perfect to keep your regular 12 oz. canned beverages cold.
- Slim Can - Ideal for slim and tall cans that have surged in popularity for hard seltzers.
- Bottle - perfect beer bottles and other beverage bottles.
- Water Bottle - These are excellent for plastic water bottles. (Insert the link to the custom water bottles)
- Party Cup - Suitable for disposable and reusable party cups.
- Wine Bottle - Perfectly crafted for Wine bottles, these personalized Koozies® keep your wine chilled at all times.
- 2 in 1 - Koozies that act as can coolers and tumblers at the same time offering a lid to safely take your beverage to go.
What features are most common with printed Koozies®?
- Shaped – These beverage holders are carefully shaped at the bottom to fit vehicle cup holders, so you can securely store your beverages on your next road trip.
- Bottle Opener - The added bottle opener can be either a built-in bottle opener located on the bottom of the Koozie® or it can be an attachment so folks can quickly open the bottle caps.
- Magnetic – Magnetic beverage holders are perfect to be used for tailgating or attaching to your toolbox while working on your vehicle or in your workshop.
- Carabiner - A metal loop for attaching your bottle to your backpack or any other bag.
- Handle Strap - An expandable handle strap to squeeze your hand in and securely grip the Koozie®.
- Business Card – Added pouch provide an excellent space to insert a business card.
- Slap and Wrap - Open bottomed beverage holder that comes as a strip of material to slap against the can or bottle to wrap around it.
- Zip-Up - These Koozies extend up to the neck of beer, soda, or wine bottles and wrap them nice and tight for maximum temperature retention.
- Suction Bottom - Suction bottomed beverage holders keep your beverage in place while you’re on a rocky ride such as when you're on a boat or ATV.
- Elastic Sides - These can be expanded or fitted to suit a regular or slim can.
- Hook and Loop seam - With this feature you can easily open and close your Koozie®. FYI the most popular brand for hook and loop is Velcro®.
- Waterproof Fabric - Waterproof fabric that is ideal for boating, camping, or any other outdoor activity.
- Top Edge - You can customize the top edge of your Koozie® with a fancy-shaped edge or a stitched edge that’ll help you squeeze your beverage into the beverage holder without a hassle.
- Specialized Fabrics – Koozies® can come with Sequined fabrics, Cork, Leather Like, Two-Tone, Two Color, Color Changing materials, Glow in the Dark, and Rubberized Surfaced fabrics.
- Printed Patterns - Printed Koozies® that have campfire, camouflage, or wood patterns are quite popular as well.
The Bottom Line
What makes Custom Koozies® great for your next promotion?
If you say Koozies® are just amazing, it's an understatement! Simply put, if you often see yourself with a drink in hand, you should never picture yourself without a cozy Koozie® too. Beverage holders are versatile to the point that they offer a choice for everybody from Soft touch & foam insulated to durable stainless-steel vacuum insulated Koozies ®.
Moreover, these beverage jackets are a practical, effective and many times inexpensive advertising medium that you can venture into. The reason? Today, there is no place on earth that they are not present. Be it a beach party, a boat ride, hiking or hunting, even during a wedding- making a fresh batch of Koozies® for your next personalized promotion, you name it, beverage holders are there to impress.
So, are you ready to take your Koozie® game to the next level? Then try personalized Koozies®, and your drinks will be cold as ice, your hands will thank you and your brand promotion will shout!